Friday, September 05, 2008

Home again...

The problem with holidaying at home is you are beholden to the Great British weather system and, boy has August been wet.

We started off with a week in Fort Augustus at the south end of Loch Ness - damp but fun and my son now has a remarkable interest in ornithology for being 18months old. Okay, so he can only identify a robin so far, but, hey, I'm proud. I also managed to sneak out and get a day's cycle along Wade's Military Road.



For the last week we've been living practically underwater in the Lake District. I did get a 12 mile hike around the Fairfield horseshoe where I got battered by the elements. It did brighten up on the way down and by the time I got to the pub, I could have been standing on the top in a T-shirt, rather than huddled in a shelter in hail as I was...



Suddenly flying off to the Costa del Sol has its temptations!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home