Sunday, July 13, 2008

Book Review: How To Get Married In Green by Suzan St Maur

When I turned 28 half my friends decided to get married, leading to a global wedding tour from here to Sydney. This year the other half have decided to get hitched and it looks as if I'm in for another expensive year.

At first glance, you might think that a book on Green Weddings is a bit faddish or a tenuous attempt to cash in on the issue du jour. Now I've always been the bridesmaid, never the bride, but I've been through enough nuptials to know just how much organisation these jamborees take. Trying to ensure that the perfect day doesn't cost the planet would take an awful lot of Googling and this book has all the bases covered.

From ethically sourcing the wedding and engagement rings through Stag & Hen nights, to the big day itself and on to the Honeymoon, Suzan St Maur's book is thorough while remaining thoroughly readable. For example, I never knew you could get hemp bras with bamboo underwiring! It doesn't preach, just suggests, and doesn't get caught up in minutiae either.

So, if you're going to get hitched, why not do it in green?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger Suzan St Maur said...

Thanks, Gareth!

If any of your readers have questions about how to make their weddings or other celebrations greener, they can post (as a comment) on my blog:

http://howtogetmarriedingreen.blogspot.com

..and I will answer the question as best I can. Alternatively they can email questions to me direct for inclusion on the blog, here:

suze at suzanstmaur dot com.

All good wishes

SUZE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home