Friday, February 29, 2008

I have my standards!

You wouldn't believe the number of press releases or "will you mention my business" pleas that I get as a result of this blog. I just want to spell out my policy on this so it is transparent to PR companies and readers alike:

1. If I think a piece of info is of interest to the readers I will publish it. Most of the stuff I get I simply ignore.

2. If you have a product or service and you send me a sample, then I may review it and tell readers objectively what I think of it. I do not charge for this.

3. If you want to pay for advertising on the site, e-mail me and I'll quote you a rate. But it won't appear as an opinion piece, but as a banner or button so readers know what it is.

4. Don't bother begging or getting sulky with me - my word is final.

Ahhhh, good to get that off my chest.

As an example of point 1. above, CafeDirect have just e-mailled me to say their fairtrade coffee beat some major brands of non-fairtrade coffee in a Which? taste test. Well done.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home