Thursday, March 15, 2007

One for the Ladies!

OK, so I've got absolutely no personal experience of this one, and never will have, but three women I know swear by the 'mooncup' as an alternative to disposable sanitary towels and tampons. None of these women are ardent eco-warrior/tree hugging types, rather they find the cup much more practical. You simply insert it, go rollerblading/windsurfing etc (as menstruating women do according to Bodyform), remove it, wash it and repeat until done when you put it away til next month. At £18.99 the manufacturer claims it will pay for itself in 6 months and will last for several years.

Before you ask, I haven't seen a detailed life cycle assessment of this product verses the hundreds of disposables it will replace, but I would expect it to be many times better by any measure you care to choose.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 4:54 AM, Blogger Lee said...

I use a DivaCup (different brand, very similar product), and it is excellent, and lives up to all the claims and statements I ever heard about such products before I tried it.

I'd really strongly recommend menstrual cups for all women. The price initially put me pff (I was a poor Uni student for many years, and the Aussie$50 was a LOT of outlay for something I didn't know anyone could recommend for me), but this is the best money I've ever spent :-)

(And no - I'm not a rep of any company for these products - I just think they're great and a wise investment).

In short, i wouldn't go back to disposables ever!

 
At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend has blogged about her experience here(hopefully works!)

 
At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog!
I also use a Mooncup and would second the comments made about it in bloboloboblob about them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home