Which type of green are you?
DEFRA has released a weighty report dividing the population into the following 7 segments (with my slightly less subtle interpretations of what they mean):
1. Positive Greens - 18 % of us - will do as much as they can.
2. Waste Watchers - 12% - naturally dislike waste but not environmentally motivated.
3. Concerned Consumers 14% - would like to do more, but struggle with lifestyle choices.
4. Sideline supporters - 14% - concerned, but not acting.
5. Cautious Participants - 14% - will follow the crowd.
6. Stalled Starters - 10% - don't know much about the environment.
7. Honestly Disengaged - 18% - Jeremy Clarkson.
Which are you?
The report also sets 12 headline goals running from "install insulation" through to "eat food locally in season". It then plots which of these goals each type of person is most likely to be persuaded to achieve and by what method.
Interesting stuff... but I'm sure the reactionary and the paranoid will have a field day - "They're trying to brainwash wash us into this liberal-lefty green stuff!"