It's... Energy Awareness Week!
After shamefully letting Green Blog Day pass me by last Monday, I'm determined to try to keep abreast of all these days, weeks, millenia etc of environmental action.
Well, this week, starting tomorrow, is the Energy Savings Trust's Energy Awareness Week - with themed days throughout. Good stuff, although I'm a little baffled about the difference between Women's Day and Men's Day - do the sexes have wildly different carbon footprints?
But, anyway, the effective things you can do to reduce your carbon footprint are the old faves:
- Insulate your house
- Use a bicycle for short journeys
- Try to holiday at near to home
- Buy local & organic food from local shops
- Switch stuff off when you're not using it
- Buy energy efficient equipment (eg lightbulbs and appliances)