Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Eco Hero No1: Kevin McCloud

Anyone reading the Guardian's Eco-Living Supplement will have been impressed by the efforts made by Kevin McCloud, of Grand Designs fame.

On Grand Designs, McCloud often expresses disappointment with the sustainability of the projects. I always wondered if this was a bit of media green fluffery, but he obviously takes this seriously, while still being aware of the limits of his actions.

Of particular interest to me was his Bioethanol fuelled Saab and his son's Biodiesel powered Landrover, plus he uses a folding bike/public transport combo where possible. He obviously looks into the source of everything - a key characteristic of someone taking eco-living seriously. Give it a look if you haven't already.

3 Comments:

At 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to know where he gets his biodiesel from - I haven't managed to find a commercial supplier anywhere near me. There is a firm that makes biodiesel but it's only sold to bus companies. I'm sure there are plenty of us who would convert our diesels if a readily available bio source was around.

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Gareth Kane said...

You can get a list here. I'll write a post on biodiesel as well.

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am interested in HAB and especially the list of architects
reviewed ... any help

 

Post a Comment

<< Home