Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Solar Panel Latest

The only thing I don't like about my solar hot water system is there is no remote readout of the temperature of the water in the tank. We don't have a proper loft ladder, so going up to check the temperature is a real faff - until this weekend when I taped a webcam with a 5m USB extension lead to the LED. Now I can read it on my laptop from the top of the stairs.

With the grotty weather this week, the temperature was in the range 30-33°C, but on Monday the sun came out and it soared to 62°C - above the 60°C mark where the combi boiler drops out and the hot water is 100% solar. This reassures me that we did the right thing by installing the panel, despite the fact our house is in the wrong place and faces the wrong way.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home