Friday, June 22, 2007

My Carbon Footprint

The UK Government's new Carbon Calculator is now up and running. I threw in my stats and got a grand total of 3.82 tonnes - compared with a national average of 4.48t - pretty good but helped by the fact that I haven't flown in over a year.

The calculator is very swish and easy to use, but the problem is what it doesn't count - food, clothing, other products, lifestyle outside the home, waste disposal etc, etc. I would guess that my actual carbon footprint is at least twice the above figure.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Blogger alvinwriter said...

I think this practice of calculating your carbon (dioxide) impact can be used by game makers to make an entertaining and informative game (interactive or otherwise) that will ultimately educate people on how they affect the enviroment by the lifestyle they adopt.

Knowing your carbon impact increasingly important: http://www.thenewsroom.com/details/656984?c_id=wom-bc-ar

You can read more licensed news in TheNewsRoom. Please email jtowns@voxant.com if you want to know how we can be your partner in relevant news content for you site. We already have a group interested in global warming and similar issues who have found great news from us that they have used. Feel free to drop by. Thanks!

- Alvin from TheScienceDesk at TheNewsRoom.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home